Junior Inquisitor

Junior Inquisitor

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

My review of David Rodger's “God Seed”


As we write in similar genres, I follow David Rodger on social media. Recently he held a contest and I won a free copy of his book “God Seed.” He did not ask me to write a review, but I enjoyed the book so much I decided to do so.

 
 

 


God Seed is Cthulhu, cyberpunk, and Sci-Fi wrapped into one fantastic story. In the not to distant future a documentary film maker Adam Kyle is on assignment, filming a team of corporate mercenaries on what is supposed to be their last mission before retiring. Inevitably things go wrong, dozens are killed and Adam is on the run with the last living member of the team, Kurt Hansen. Law enforcement, corporate spies, wet work teams, and something not human are all hunting Adam and Kurt. The chase goes from London, to Florida, to Cairo, to the Hygens Space station orbiting Titan.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Rodger's world is one of shadows and double dealing, cloak and dagger. No one is as they seem and everyone has a tainted past and secrets. There are numerous of twists and turns, not for the sake of obfuscation by the author, but because Adam Kyle lives in a very dark murky land and that is just the way things are. Reveals are not there just to jar the reader and keep them off balance, but are natural, and believable.

The action is tight and fast paced, once you start reading you will not want to stop until the last line. I will be adding more of David's books to my collection and you should as well. Yep, another 5 star book.





So what about me and my book? Where can you get it?

Glad you asked, cause it's now just 2.99




Smashwords - http://goo.gl/XsGgAC


Google Play - http://goo.gl/g2kNPa


No comments: